Ancestral Drum Journey & Circle 16th Mar
Ancestral Drum Journey & Circle 16th Mar
EARLY BIRD available until 2nd of Mar
Taran & Naomi invite you to join us for a night of cacao and shamanic drumming.
About This Circle:
This circle will be about connecting to and unlocking our Ancient Ancestral Lineage. This especially applies to anyone who feels a block or deep resistance to working with your lineage due to your traumas in your immediate family or family you have grown up with.
It may be hard for you to open these pathways because you associate your ancient lineage with these closer relations and wounds. You may also find a block connecting with the divine feminine and divine masculine for the same reasons.
Our circle aims to anchor you back to your ancient ancestors for strength and grounding so that you can find the knowledge and connection you seek. To reclaim your roots, bloodline and birth right.
The space we create is sacred and rooted in elements of Shamanism, Animism and connecting with the earth and it's guides. It is important to us to create a safe and held container for you. We call in our altar, guides, nature and selves into the space to allow you permission to express whatever arises.
We work with the medicine of Cacao to connect with the heart and to assist us into grounding into the space and opening the channels for deep healing. This experience will only be as deep and transformational as is where you are at on your journey and your willingness to drop in. So we encourage you to come and be openminded to the experience and trust the process.
This is a mixed gender event, everyone is welcome!
If you have any questions or concerns, please send us a message on instagram at roots.of.the.earth.healing or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date & Time:
Saturday 16th Mar, 7-9.30pm. Doors open at 6.45pm.
Please note that we will be starting at 7pm sharp and any late comers will not be admitted (doors will be locked) as it is imperative that we create a secure container for our ceremony for the benefit of your experience.
Union Street Yoga Studio, Newtown
Numbers are limited. We will be holding a small circle of approx. 16 people.
It has become more recognised than ever that nature holds the answers to many medicinal secrets and one such plant medicine that is often overlooked or not so talked about is cacao, the heart-opening food of the gods. Originating from the Amazon Basin region, it has been used for thousands of years by the Olmecs, Mayans and Aztecs.
When you drink ceremonial grade cacao and prepare it with intention, it is a purely magical experience that makes you feel grounded, softer and more creative. Some even feel a drunken state of being that intensifies any practice that follows.
Ceremonial grade Cacao contains 90% more nutrients than any store bought cacao powders. It is high in magnesium, iron, antioxidants and has five psychoactive chemicals (Note: It is not hallucinogenic) in it making you feel happy, in love and full of bliss.
We can't wait to share this medicine with you all as we invoke the Goddess of Cacao to open our hearts and minds to the healing energies that Cacao has to offer.
Read more about Cacao on our blog here
In addition, we will guide you through a shamanic drum journey to the lower realm to meet with your spirit animal or guides. Drumming is one of the oldest forms of vibrational healing on this planet and drums and rattles have been used in shamanism for thousands of years.
We use the beat of the drum to enter into an altered state of consciousness, combined with the effects of Cacao to take you on a healing journey to retrieve messages from your guides. Drumming connects us with the natural pulse of life, our heartbeat, and the pulse of mother earth and becoming one with our heart is deeply transformative.
Read more about Shamanic Drumming on our blog here
What This Includes:
- Ceremonial Cacao Ritual
- Intimate Sharing Circle
- Guided Drum Journey
- Goodie bag with an intuitively selected crystal to take home
- Safe container to heal & work in
- Sense of community & tribe
What to bring:
- Wear layers as it may get cold when we lay down for the drum journey. Although a blanket and cosy faux sheepskin to sit on will be provided for each person.
- Wear shoes that can be removed and bring socks if your feet will get cold.
- Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated, this is important when consuming Cacao.
- A journal & pen to write down your drum journey.
- Any instrument you enjoy playing in circle i.e. a drum, shaker, clap sticks etc.
- Bring something small for the altar that represents love for you (you will get this back).
It should be noted that as Cacao is a stimulant, there are contraindications to be aware of. Please consult with your doctor before attending if you are concerned about any of the following;
- Cacao is is a vasodilator, and lowers blood pressure. If you have low blood pressure, serious heart conditions or epilepsy you should consult your doctor before consuming.
- Certain anti-depressants are worth extra consideration. MAOI based antidepressants are contraindicated with the tyramine in chocolate, so a larger dose of cacao is not recommended. However, side effects could include more serious headache and nausea, so make sure to check medications first.
- Additionally, there has been some concern with larger doses of cacao and SSRI type anti-depressants. Specifically, the tryptophan, a type of MAOI which is a precursor to serotonin has been cited by some as a possible contraindication.
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you agree that you have read all of the contraindications and consulted your doctor about any serious concerns you may have. You understand that we take no responsibility for any effects that may arise from the consumption of Cacao and that you are in control of how much you decide to consume, although we will ensure that each person is not given more than the maximum recommended ceremonial dose.
You also understand that we will be starting at 7pm and your ticket is non-refundable once purchased even if you cannot arrive on time and are not admitted entry.
For any extreme circumstances where you are unable to attend, we are able to transfer your ticket to a future event, so please reach out to us if you need to discuss this option.